Budapest is the capital and the largest city of Hungary - a relaxing and enjoyable city with its parks, the walkway on the Danube Embankment, thermal and medicinal springs, inspiring museums, ravishing architecture and energetic night life.
Budapest is divided in to three areas: Obuda is the oldest section with the Roman ruins, Pest is the modern part of the city where you will find the shops, government and commercial districts and Buda.
Budapest Top 10 attractions:
- House of Terror Museum - consist the original torture rooms and prisons, apparatus for observation, collection of posters etc.
- Budapest Castle Hill - the historical castle and palace of the Hungarian kings with the National Gallery.
- Budapest Parliament Building - a 19th century neo-gothic building.
- St Stephen’s Basilica – the highest building in Hungary.
- Heroes’ Square - a millennial monument.
- Budapest Gellert Monument - a landmark that pays tribute to 11th century bishop that converted the Magyars to Christianity.
- Chain Bridge (Szechenyi Lanchid) - the majestic suspension bridge across the river Danube that connects Pest and Buda.
- Budapest Vajdahunyad Castle – a unique combination of many different architectural styles.
- Dohany Street Synagogue - designed like basilica.
- Budapest Jewish Heroes' Mausoleum and Temple - build in a memory of the thousands of Jews who died during the Second World War.
Relax and refresh in Szechenyi Bath or visit Budapest Margaret Island park in the middle of the river.
If you like shopping go to Budapest Central Market Hall, one of the biggest market halls in Europe. There are river cruises available form various companies.
Budapest public transport consists of buses, trolley buses, trams and underground trains.
The railway has eleven lines and there are three main railway stations as well as 3 metro lines. HEV Trains serves the suburban areas of Budapest. There are three main railway stations (Nyugati, Keleti and Deli) located in the residential areas.
Budapest taxi can be found in ranks at bus and train stations, near markets and around main squares.
Private taxi at a low fixed rate and professional driver can be ordered in advance on line. The cost of a private taxi from Budapest to Budapest Airport is around EUR 25,00.
Budapest Cruise port is a traditional gateway for those wanting to explore the city or travel Hungary.
Whats the best way to get from Budapest airport to Budapest port?
The best way to travel from Budapest International Airport to Budapest river cruise port is by booking a private transfer. It costs around 25 Euros and it includes meet and greet service.
Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport is the second largest airport in Europe located 16 kilometers from Budapest. Budapest airport has two main terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. There are international flights From Budapest airport to Europe, but also to Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America.
Public transport from Budapest Airport to Budapest includes railway and bus.